One of the most difficult things is to pick yourself up when you feel down. There is no desire to do anything and what happens is we go with the flow and stay in the negative mood, being reluctant to go out, work on your business/career, even talk to people can be difficult. What do you do in those situations?
I had that experience, I felt stuck in my routine. Everything felt the same, I didn’t want to see people, didn’t want to do anything at all. Luckily, I didn’t stay in that state for a long time. I brainstormed, took time for myself, meditated and asked myself what was wrong in my life and wrote down how to transform that.
Here are some steps that you can take, to pick yourself up:
- Ask yourself what is not right, what is not working for you in your life.
- Write 5 things/activities that inspire you now
- Sign up for meditation and yoga classes – it will help you clear your mind of unwanted negative thoughts
- Start your day with a run or a walk in nature – this will charge you with positive energy for the whole day
- Surround yourself with positive people – share happy moments together
- Have a new hobby – something you are absolutely passionate about
- Make a firm decision to be absolutely happy no matter what. In a happy state, you can handle anything. Be that sunny, loving, joyful person, who lightens people’s lives
- Focus on people. Shift the focus from your down-state and gravitate it towards people and making their lives better
Enjoy your new happy state!